The Blacquiere estate amounted to over 800 acres in the parish of Beagh, barony of Kiltartan, county Galway, in the 1870s. James Blaquiere was the petitioner to a sale in the Encumbered estates court in January 1866 relating to property in the town of Gort, owned by the Nestor family. Later in the 1880s Thomas Blaquiere appears to have acquired an interest in the Derryowen estate of the Lopdell family, in the barony of Inchiquin, county Clare. He was advertising the sale of this estate in July 1889.
- Correspondence of John Blaquière, mainly relating to contemporary politics in Ireland, 1797-1811; with seven other documents on the same subject, 1775, 1818, 1825. Ms. 877 ; National Library of Ireland
- Notes on members of the Irish Parliament, c.1782-1783 [possibly by Sir John de Blaquiere]; James Hardiman Library, National University of Ireland, Galway
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Gort Union, 22.
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 37.
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol I. 189.