Four members of the Tate family are recorded as owners of land in county Leitrim in the 1870s. John Tate, whose address is given as Deerpark, held over 500 acres. A house known as Rockwood, existed in Deerpark townland, barony of Rosclogher. In the 1850s it had been part of the Cullen estate.
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 438
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 306