Charles Ensor, whose address is given as Rostrevor, county Down, is recorded as owning over 1000 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s. Cottage Vale house in Drumdarkan townland, parish of Cloone was leased by him to George West. The West family had occupied that property from the early 19th century.
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 148
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 304
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Mohill Union, 84.