A small estate at Cuslough, parish of Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, was held by Richard Livesay in the mid 19th century. This property was part of Lord Tyrawley's estate, later owned by the Knoxes of Creagh. Richard Livesay advertised the sale of his lease of 358 acres at Cushlough in the Landed Estates' Court in 1866. Edward Livesay was advertising the lands of Ballyveane, parish and barony of Ross, county Galway, for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in March 1855. The 680 acres of Ballyveane were held on a lease from Denis Daly of Dunsandle to Gregory Cuff of Creagh dated 12 Oct 1790. Another 1970 acres at Kilbride in the barony of Ross belonging to the Livesays was advertised for sale on 20 May 1862. This property was held under a fee farm grant from the Provost of Trinity College, Dublin to Charles J. Lynch of Petersburg. Edward and Richard Livesay were both described as deceased in the rental schedule. The Livesays were also selling over 700 acres in county Meath in 1862. The Irish Times reported that Charles J. Lynch purchased the property known as Phepotstown, for over £4000 in the Landed Estates Court in July 1862. Charles E. Livesay of Cuslough, Ballinrobe, is recorded as owner of 1970 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. Marcella Livesay, sister of Edward Livesay, owned over a thousand acres in the parish of Boyounagh, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Wills of members of the Livesay family can be accessed in the National Archives, Kew, London.
- Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Livesay, 24 Apr 1866, Vol 81, MRGS 39/039, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Livesay, 13 Mar 1855, Vol 34, MRGS 39/015, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Livesay, 20 May & 6 July 1862, Vol 65 & 66, MRGS 39/033, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Crown and Peace Records, Register of Trees, Co Mayo 1775-1919. ID/51/62, pp. 97, 111; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Ballinrobe Union, 64
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol I, 116
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Mayo: Vol I, 471
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 274
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 297
Modern printed sources
- ''Irish Times'': Landed Estates Court sale reports, 9 July 1862, p.4. 25 April 1866, p.3.