In 1830 James Nesbitt Cullen conveyed lands at Lough Allen, county Leitrim to James Fawcett. In 1840 he married Francis Elizabeth Le Fanu (''The Gentleman's Magazine''). In the 1870s the James Fawcett and the Reverend Edward Fawcett, both of Strandhill, are recorded as owning over 1,000 acres in county Leitrim.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
|Strandhill||Lecarrow or Strandhill||Inishmagrath||Manorhamilton||St. Patrick's 43||Dromahaire||Leitrim||
OSI Ref: G932219
OS Sheet: 18
Discovery map: 26
- L'estrange Fawcett papers, see Website: http://www.suffolkcc.gov.uk/sro/ for more details. ; Suffolk Record Office: Ipswich Branch
- W.B. Scott, solicitor's collection, includes lease of Brickfield, Co Leitrim, by Fawcett, 1875 & copy will of William James Fawcett, Strand Hill, Co Leitrim, army surgeon, 1877. Small Accs. Index 76, D.10,736 & T.3692; National Archives of Ireland
- 1830 Lease. Memorial 855.139.571139; Registry of Deeds
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 153
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 304
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Manorhamilton Union, 73.
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol. II, 24.