Acheson O'Brien of Drumsilla was High Sheriff of Leitrim in 1810. In 1852 and 1853 over 2000 acres of the estate of Acheson O'Brien, leased from the Bishop of Kilmore, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The estate of William A. O'Brien of Drumsilla amounted to over 1400 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s. In 1906 the representatives of William A. O'Brien were the owners of over 100 acres of untenanted land at Carrigallen as well as the mansion house at Drumsillagh.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
OSI Ref: H251033
OS Sheet: 30
Discovery map: 33
|Drumsillagh||Drumsillagh||Carrigallen||Mohill||Carrigallen East 57||Carrigallen||Leitrim||
OSI Ref: H250044
OS Sheet: 30
Discovery map: 34
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), O’’Brien, 25 November 1852, Vol 19, MRGS 39/009, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), O’Brien, 2 June 1853, Vol 21, MRGS 39/009, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Mohill Union, 7 & 14.
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 344
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 305
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol I, 279.
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Leitrim: Vol I, 87.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 349.