The King estate was the subject of Chancery proceedings in the 1850s. John King, with an address in France, owned over 2000 acres in county Leitrim and 900 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 305
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Mohill Union, 7.