In the 1870s George William Thompson, a solicitor, of 9 Hume Street, Dublin, owned 521 acres in county Cork, 819 acres in county Westmeath and 70 acres in county Meath. He appears to be the third son of George Thompson of Clonskeagh Castle, count Dublin and of Mayne, county Meath.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 135
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 442