In the mid 19th century Frederick James Fegan held land in the parishes of Glenkeen, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper and Kilfithmone, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary. A Tipperary newspaper records that Frederick James Fegan, of Ballinacourty, county Tipperary, Secretary to Admiral Sir William Martin, Commander-in -Chief at Plymouth, was called to the Bar at Lincoln Inn in 1869 (24 July 1869). In the 1870s Frederick J. Fagan of Ballinlonty, Borrisoleigh owned 489 acres in county Tipperary. Frederick J. Fegan was married to Mary Rose Amelia daughter of Magrath Fogarty of Ballinlonty.
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 161
- ''The Gentleman's Magazine''.: Volume 220 (1866), 761
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Eliogarty, 33 (Ballinlonty)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 94 (M. Fogarty)
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Tipperary: Vol.IV, Parish of Kilfithmone, p.264