At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the townland Curraun Boy, parish of Kilcommon, barony of Erris, county Mayo, was in the possession of Walter Bourke. In 1876 Walter Bourke owned 2755 acres in the barony of Erris, county Mayo.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 47
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 307