John Adams Walsh had a son, Charles Walsh of Walsh Park, county Tipperary, who married Sarah Simpson and had a son, John. The estate of Charles Walsh at Derrylaghan was worth £1,000 in the 1770s (Kilboy Papers). In 1795 John Walsh married Eliza, daughter of Jonathan Willington of Rapla, county Tipperary. The representatives of their son, Jonathan Walsh, held land in the parishes of Dorrha and Lorrha, barony of Lower Ormond, in the mid 19th century. The estate of John Adams Walsh of Walsh Park in county Tipperary amounting to 1,323 acres was advertised for sale in April 1857 and houses and premises in the town of Burrisokane in April 1858. The Freeman's Journal reported that the latter were purchased in trust by Reverend Mr. Lloyd. The estate was bought by the Heads who built Derrylahan Park in the townland of Walshpark in 1862.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
|Walsh Park||Walshpark||Dorrha||Birr||Graigue 3||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
OSI Ref: M999 050
OS Sheet: 5
Discovery map: 53
|Curraghglass||Curraghglass||Lorrha||Borrisokane||Lorrha East 17||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
OSI Ref: M942 053
OS Sheet: 4
Discovery map: 53
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Walsh, 24 April 1857, Vol 44 (55), MRGS 39/021, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Walsh, 16 Apr 1858, Vol 51 (7), MRGS 39/025, (microfilm copy in NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland
- Walsh Papers, genealogical papers & Encumbered Estates' Court Sale Rental, 24 Apr 1857. TL/F/7; Tipperary Studies Research Library (Archives), Thurles
Contemporary printed sources
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 385 (Walsh-park)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: I, 481 (Walsh Park)
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Lower Ormond, 50 (Walshpark), 85 (Curraghglass)
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 197 (Derrylaghan)
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Tipperary: Vol.II, Parish of Dorrha, p.185, 205. Vol.VI, Parish of Lorrha, p.242.
Modern printed sources
- BENCE-JONES, Mark. ''A Guide to Irish Country Houses''. Revised ed. London: Constable, 1988. : 102 (Derrylahan Park)
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic dictionary of the landed gentry of Great Britain & Ireland''. London: Colburn & Co, 1852: 1506-1507
- ''Analecta Hibernica'': SADLEIR, Thomas U. Manuscripts at Kilboy, Co Tipperary, in the possession of the Lord Dunalley. XII, (1943), 131-151
- ''Freeman's Journal'': Encumbered Estates Court sale reports, 17 April 1858, p.4.