At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Roe estate was in the parishes of Bourney, Killavinoge and Templeree, barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary. In the 1870s Robert Roe of Loran Park owned 4,972 acres in county Tipperary. By the beginning of the 20th century Deputy Surgeon General William Carden Roe was living at Loran Park. He was the third son of William Roe of Lismore House, Queen's County (Offaly) .
- General W. Carden Roe’s Estate deeds of sale of land in Bogawn, Dromard, Graffin, Templemore, Co. Tipperary, 1922-1925. Also various legal documents including deeds re Robert Roe of Hollymount & Ballyduff & tenants' ledger for estate of Surgeon Gen. W. Carden Roe around Templemore, circa 1895-1911. Boxes 53, 70 & 103; Roscrea Heritage Society Centre, Damer House, Roscrea
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 169
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 392
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Ikerrin, 18 (Loran)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: I, 217 (Lorn Park)
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Tipperary: Vol.II, Parish of Bourney, p.50