Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Perry (Cork & Waterford)

Col. Robert D. Perry was the owner of over 1100 acres in county Waterford as well as over 300 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilwatermoy, barony of Coshmore and Coshbride, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This branch of the Perry family probably descend from Richard Perry a merchant of Cork and a younger brother of William Perry of county Tipperary. Richard married twice and had sons named Samuel, Adam, Richard, William and Charles. The representatives of Adam Perry held land in the parishes of Derrygrath and Inishlounaght, baronies of Iffa and Offa West and East in the mid 19th century and in the 1870s Captain Adam Perry of Cork owned 294 acres in county Tipperary. see http://www.jessandra.de/Woodrooff.htm

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Clyda Clyda Kilshannig Mallow Kilshannig 248 Duhallow Cork OSI Ref: W536 974
OS Sheet: 33
Discovery map: 80

Archival sources

  • Legal form of ejectment in the case of W. Edmonds and Richard Perry, relating to lands in Coolagh, Co. Tipperary, May 17, 1782. Ms. 8144 ; National Library of Ireland
  • Miner's ledger for the years, 1804-1805, and household accounts for the years, 1819-1824, of the Perry family of Modreeny, Co. Tipperary. Ms 7900; National Library of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources