Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Lindsey/Lindsay (Co Tipperary)

John Lindsey held land in the parishes of Kilgrant, barony of Iffa and Offa East, and Cloneen, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was leased to Samuel Bushell. In the 1870s John Lindsay of Cork owned 260 acres and Samuel B. Lindsay of Blackrock, Cork owned 1,263 acres in county Tipperary. This would appear to be the Lindsey family of Lindville, Janeville and Maryville, barony of Cork. John Lindsay of Lindville, Blackrock, near Cork city, married in 1760 Frances Johnson co heir of Noble Johnson of Cork who died in 1755. Another house named Lindville in county Tipperary was also associated with Lindseys.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Ballyvaughan Ballyvaughan Kilgrant Clonmel Clonmel Rural 73 Iffa and Offa East Tipperary OSI Ref: S235 262
OS Sheet: 77
Discovery map: 75
Lindville Ballynaraha Kilsheelan Clonmel Kilsheelan 78 Iffa and Offa East Tipperary OSI Ref: S303 235
OS Sheet: 84
Discovery map: 75