The Reverend Samuel Adams held land in the parish of Litter, barony of Fermoy, county Cork at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Possibly he was a member of the Adams family of Kilbree and Jamesbrook. The Reverend Samuel Adams of Cregg, Fermoy, owned 209 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.
- Abstract of title of property of Lady Ellen Anderson in Fermoy, citing documents, 1818-91, including abstract of will of S. H. Adams, proved 1873. M. 5377 ; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Fermoy Barony, 120 (Creggolympry North & South)
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 138 (Creg)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 289 (Creg)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 116