Hajba writes that this family were established at Airhill by 1734. In 1804 Thomas Green married Mary daughter of James Sullivan of Ballintober, county Limerick. Their daughter Susan married her cousin William Sullivan of Tullylease, county Limerick, and their son James Sullivan Green eventually succeeded to the Airhill estate. Griffith's Valuation records James Green holding land in the parish of Glanworth. James Sullivan Green, a barrister, of Airhill and Dublin, owned 757 acres in county Cork and 63 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s.
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Fermoy Barony, 85 (Boherash)
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 190
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 124