At the time of Griffith's Valuation Francis H. and Thomas Coppinger both held land in the parish of Macroom, barony of West Muskerry, county Cork. In the 1870s Thomas S. Coppinger of Sandy Hill, Macroom, owned 1,526 acres in the county. See https://archive.org/details/revelationsirel00maddgoog.
- Irish Tourist Association Survey, Parish of Macroom; Cork County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 120
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 347 (Sandy Hill - Rev John Orpin)
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 99
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : West Muskerry Barony, 124 (Gurteenroe)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 328-329