W.T. Piele of St John's Wood Park, Hampstead, is recorded as owning 1,669 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. The Reverend Thomas Williamson Peile (1806-1882), Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge and Head Master of Repton School (1841-1854), bought part of the Russell estate in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid, county Limerick. This estate was advertised for sale in 1850 by the representative of Philip Russell. In 1906 the Reverend Thomas W. Peile is recorded as holding over 3 acres of untenanted land at Tullyleague in the parish of Kilfergus.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 264
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 152
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 367