Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Howe

Various members of the Howe family owned land in county Cork in the 1870s including James and John of Glanvirane, Ringrone, who held over 800 acres. At the time of Griffith's Valuation James Roche Howe held land in the parish of Clondrohid and Louisa Howe held land in the parish of Ballyvourney, both in the barony of West Muskerry, county Cork. The lands of Kilgubinett, barony of West Muskerry, county Cork, the estate of the trustees for the sale of the estate of John Howe under a deed of 1867, were advertised for sale in May 1878.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Currarane Currarane Ringrone Kinsale Coolmain 205 East Carbery (East) Cork OSI Ref: W551459
OS Sheet: 124
Discovery map: 86
Glanavirane House Glanavirane Ringrone Kinsale Coolmain 205 East Carbery (East) Cork OSI Ref: W560433
OS Sheet: 124
Discovery map: 86
Garranereagh House Garranereagh Ringrone Kinsale Coolmain 205 East Carbery (East) Cork OSI Ref: W538457
OS Sheet: 124
Discovery map: 86
Casino House Garranereagh Ringrone Kinsale Coolmain 205 East Carbery (East) Cork OSI Ref: W539453
OS Sheet: 124
Discovery map: 86