In the early 1760s the Dundas family purchased an estate in counties Roscommon and Sligo from the King family, Earls of Kingston. Richard Underwood was the agent in the 1760s. By 1793 the Dundas estate amounted to 2,892 acres in county Roscommon and 17,244 acres in county Sligo. A large part of the estate was offered for sale in 1809. Thomas Faris was agent in the early 19th century. In the mid nineteenth century the Dundas estate in Sligo was centred on the parish of Kilmactranny close to the border with county Roscommon. The family are also recorded as lessors in the nearby parish of Boyle at the time of Griffith's Valuation. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the townland of Granny in the parish of Estersnow, barony of Boyle, was noted as part of the Dundas estate. In 1857 the land agents Stewart and Kincaid compiled a report on the estate of the Earl of Zetland in counties Roscommon and Sligo. The Dundas family are not recorded as owners in Roscommon in the 1870s.
No houses were found for this estate
- Survey of Dundas estate in Sligo & Roscommon, 1783. Microfilm. R.20.; Sligo County Library
- Marquis of Zetland papers, Ref. ZNK. ; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- Rental of Dundas estates in Roscommon & Sligo. MSS. 2786. ; National Library of Ireland
- Rental of Roscommon & Sligo estates of Sir Thomas Dundas, 1792 & 1804. MSS 2787-2788. ; National Library of Ireland
- Solicitors' papers including abstracts of title, legal papers, maps, wills, re the Dundas estate in Cos Sligo and Roscommon, 1618-1809. Private Accessions No. 1146/1; National Archives of Ireland
- Copy papers re the Dundas family estates in counties Sligo & Roscommon. T/3418; Public Record Office, Northern Ireland
- E.J. French solicitors' records, include references to the Dundas estate in Co Roscommon. Small Acc. Index 8; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Roscommon: Vol.II, 52.
Modern printed sources
- NATIONAL LIBRARY OF IRELAND. Special Lists.: Copy of the PRONI list T/3418 of the Zetland Papers in the North Yorkshire RO re Dundas family estates in Cos Sligo & Roscommon. No. 223