In the 1870s Lady Maxwell of 59 Stanhope Gardens, London owned 1,106 acres in county Clare. She was the wife of Sir Peter Benson Maxwell, a colonial Chief Justice and fourth son of the Reverend Peter Benson Maxwell of Birdstown, county Donegal. Frances Dorothea Synge daughter of Francis Synge of Glanmore Castle, county Wicklow, had married Peter B. Maxwell in 1842.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 312
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 111