The Grove estate in Tireragh seems to have associated with the Grove family of County Donegal. James Grove, of Castlegrove, county Donegal, was the owner of over 500 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. This may be through the marriage of Dorothea Grove to John Wood, son of James Wood, of Woodville, county Sligo, in 1802.
- Private Collections: Grove of Castlegrove; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 195
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 321
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Dromore West Union 56
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Sligo: Vol II 121 &146
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 104