Charles Paulet Bolton was an excise officer in county Clare in the late 18th century. Griffith's Valuation records Charles P. Bolton holding land in the parish of Kilmurry, barony of Ibrickan, as did Henry Bolton. Charles Bolton also held land in the parish of Kilshanny, barony of Corcomroe. In July 1866 the estate of Charles Paulet Bolton, amounting to 1,372 acres in the baronies of Ibrickan and Corcomroe was advertised for sale. In the 1870s Charles P. Bolton of Paulet, Salthill, Galway, owned 1,257 acres in county Clare.
No houses were found for this estate
- Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Bolton, 3 July 1866, Vol 82 (17), MRGS 39/040; National Archives of Ireland
- McMahon Collection. IE CLCCA/PP/EST/1; Clare County Archives
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 43
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 107
- WALFORD, Edward. 'The County families of the United Kingdom''. London: Chatto & Windus, 1885): p.102