The Brereton family held land in Tireragh barony. The Tithe Applotment Books record the townland of Carrowpadden as being part of the estate of the Representatives of Colonel Brereton. In the 1876 Landowners' Survey Capt.Godfrey Brereton, with an address at Queenstown, held 253 acres in Sligo.
No houses were found for this estate
- Rental of Brereton Estate, 1850. Estates Vol. V; Sligo County Library
- Estate Maps 1788, 1835-60, 1840-1865, 1887. ; Sligo County Library
- Rental of Brereton estate, 1852-55, 1864-68, 1883-1905, Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- Valuation of Brereton estate, late 19th century. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- Correspondence, rentals & valuations relating to Col. Godfrey Brereton's estate, 1850-1883. T.C/14.; Sligo County Library