This branch of the Hickman family is descended from George Hickman, second son of Henry Hickman of Ballykett, Kilrush, county Clare (died 1713), and older brother of Hugh Hickman of Fenloe. George married Jane Fox and had three sons, the eldest of whom was Anthony Hickman of Ballykett who married Eleanor Finch. George's sister Katherine married Edward Van Hogart of nearby Querrin. In 1773 Henrietta Hickman daughter of Anthony married James Fitzgerald Massy. In the mid 19th century the representatives of Anthony Hickman held an estate in the parishes of Moyarta and Kilfearagh, barony of Moyarta and Kilmanaheen, barony of Corcomroe, county Clare. Part of this estate was in the possession of the Misses Goldwyers in the early 20th century.
- McMahon Collection, IE CLCCA/PP/EST/1; Clare County Archives
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Kilrush Union, 106 (Clarefield), 120 (Ballykett)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 407 (Mount Pleasant)
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 44 (Ballykett), 107 (Clarefield)
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 204 - 205 (Ballykett & Elmgreen)