The Wilsons held an estate of just under 300 acres at Carrownolan, parish of Kiltoom, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon in the mid 19th century. Carrownolan was part of the Dillon of Johnstown estate offered for sale in June 1853. In the 1870s the Wilsons still owned their estate in county Roscommon.
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Athlone Union, 77
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 215
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Roscommon: III, 83
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 338
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 319