Landed Estates
NUI Galway

McCreery

In the mid 1850s John McCreery held church lands at Killinvoy in the parish of Killinvoy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. In 1856, McDermott/Jephson estate lands for sale in the barony of Castlereagh included property owned by John McCreery. In the 1870s John McCreery of 16 Ranelagh Road, Dublin, owned 503 acres in county Roscommon. In June 1878 the estate of John McCreery in the baronies of Athlone and Castlerea, county Roscommon and in county Dublin were advertised for sale.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Churchboro Killinvoy Killinvoy Roscommon Scregg 92 Athlone Roscommon OSI Ref: M946 562
OS Sheet: 42
Discovery map: 40

Archival sources

  • Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Lawder & Kelly, 9 May 1851, Vol 7, MRGS 39/003, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
  • Land Judges’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), McCreery, 7 June 1878, Vol 132, MRGS 39/059, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
  • Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), McDermott, 12 June 1856, Vol 40, MRGS 39/019, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources