At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry Hutchinson Stewart (1798-1879) held land in the parish of Tulla, barony of Tulla Upper, county Clare. He was a medical doctor, of 75 Eccles Street, Dublin, who owned 596 acres in county Galway, 779 acres in county Clare and 31 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. He was a well known psychiatrist and philanthropist and the founder of Stewart's Hospital near Lucan, county Dublin. He was a member of the family of Stewart of Fort Stewart, county Donegal, baronets and married Eliza Going.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 427
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 299