The estate of Edward Kelly, situated at Killeen, in the barony of Leitrim, county Galway, was offered for sale in the Land Judges court in November 1884. The Irish Times reported that one lots was sold to Miss E. Kelly for over £1800 while a Mr. Burke purchased the second lot for £1900. In the 1870s Edward Kelly was recorded as the owner of over 170 acres in county Galway.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
OSI Ref: M709168
OS Sheet: 106
Discovery map: 52
|Killeen House (Portumna)||Killeen South||Tynagh||Portumna||Ballyglass 180||Leitrim||Galway||
OSI Ref: M797055
OS Sheet: 105
Discovery map: 53
- Landed Judges' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Kellyl, 14 November 1884, Vol 147, MRGS 39/065, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 296
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol. II, 71.
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol.II, 663 (Killeen).
- SLATER, Isaac. ''Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1846''. (London:Slater, 1846): p.134 (Portumna)
Modern printed sources
- ''Irish Times'': Land Judges Court sale reports, 15 November 1884, p.3
- CONWELL, John Joe. ''Portumna: a Galway parish by the Shannon''. Portumna: [the author], 2017. : pp.271-272.