Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kenny (Tiranascragh)

George C. Kenny is described as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Tiranascragh in Griffith's valuation, holding over 900 acres in the area. A Thomas Kenny, with an address at Kelleragh, Banagher, held almost 200 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. Hogan states that Major Longbourne became the owner of the Longford House estate in the 1890s but sold the estate to the Congested Districts Board in 1902.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Lismore Lismore Demesne Clonfert Ballinasloe Clonfert 16 Longford Galway OSI Ref: M942161
OS Sheet: 108
Discovery map: 53
Killeragh Killeragh Clonfert Ballinasloe Kilmacshane 17 Longford Galway OSI Ref: M969181
OS Sheet: 109
Discovery map: 53
Longford House (Tirnascragh) Longford Tiranascragh Portumna Tiranascragh 178 Longford Galway OSI Ref: M875117
OS Sheet: 108, 118
Discovery map: 53