In 1856 John Drought Lemon, was leasing a property at Ballycrossaun, parish of Tiranascragh, barony of Longford, county Galway from the Dolphin family. At the same time he is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Tiranascragh. In the 1870s he appears to have resided at The Grove, Miltownpass, and Lemongrove, Mullingar, both in county Westmeath, at which time he was the owner of over 100 acres in county Galway.
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Portumna Union, 54.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 296
- SLATER, Isaac. ''Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1846''. (London:Slater, 1846): p.122 (Eyrecourt)