Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Shewbridge

In 1856 Anne Shewbridge was leasing a property in the townland of Gowil, parish of Lickmolassy, barony of Longford, to John Cunningham. Local sources suggest that a William Shewbridge served as a Church of Ireland curate in Portumna in the 1760s while genealogical sources note a marriage in 1779 between a Mary Eyre of Eyrecourt and a Mr. Shewbridge.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Oakley Park Gowil Lickmolassy Portumna Kilmalinoge 181 Longford Galway OSI Ref: M853062
OS Sheet: 127
Discovery map: 53

Archival sources

  • Copy of the lease of the lands of Clarary, Co. Galway by William Doolan of Portumna to Henry Shewbridge of Clarary. Nov. 14, 1788. D. 11,059 ; National Library of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources