A branch of the French family owned a small estate in the parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, centred on their residence at Elmhill. Elmhill, comprised of 433 acres was offered for sale in the Landed Estates’ Court in June 1869 by Francis Joseph French.
- Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), French, 18 June 1869, Vol 94, MRGS 39/046, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates Court Rental, Ffrench, 18 June 1869, barony of Tiaquin. M24,251; Galway County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- DUTTON, Hely. ''Statistical and agricultural survey of the county of Galway''. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society, 1824. : 415
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 177 (Rochfort)
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Mountbellew Union, 111