Lewis records Northbrook as the seat of J. North in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name books note Major Warburton as the proprietor of the townland. The First Edition Ordnance map shows Northbrook Cottage. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, a house in progress in the townland was being leased by Joseph Denham from James McBride and was valued at £3 10s. This house is labelled Northbrook House on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. It is now a ruin.