Carrowmanagh Cottage was the residence of Rev. Edward Hartigan in 1814. In 1837 Lewis records it as the seat of Thomas Bermingham. It was included in the sale of the Ashtown estate in the Encumbered Estates court in 1851. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was leased by Rev. Frederick Trench to Crawford Allen. Some ruins remain at the site.