Oatfield House, owned by John Longworth , was vacant at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Earlier, in 1837, Lewis had recorded it as the seat of Major Lynch even though this house had been in the possession of the Longworth family since at least 1814. The Ordnance Survey Field name books also record it as the residence of Major Lynch. In 1783 Taylor & Skinner and in 1786,Wilson, both recorded Oatfield as a property of the Brabazon family. By 1906 it was the property of Edward Longworth. The original house is not extant at the site now.