In 1856 Rev. David Seymour was leasing a house valued at £12 in the townland of Kiltormer East, barony of Longford, from Thomas Stratford Eyre. In 1837 Lewis mentions a residence of the Seymour family known as "Mount Pleasant" in this area. On the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s, however, this house is labelled Mount Prospect. It is no longer extant.