Wilson may be referring to this property when he mentions the ruins of a castle at "Derryborn" and the seat of Mr. Hind. In 1814 this house was known as Harding Grove and was the seat of Jonathan Harding. It appears under this title on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. The Harding family also had an estate in north Tipperary. In 1846 Slater refers to "Derryhiney" as the seat of Cuthbert Fetherston. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the house at Derryhivney was occupied by him. On the 25-inch map of the 1890s it is labelled Derryhivney House. David England Young of Ballygibbon, county Tipperary and Harding Grove, county Galway is recorded in Walfords (1910).