Spring Garden was a Nugent house in the parish of Tynagh, valued at £10 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It had earlier belonged to the Persses but had been sold by them in the early 1850s. In 1906 this was the property of Hon. Richard A. Nugent. It is described as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s.