Also known as Munine or Moneen, the house was described as 'in ruins' on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch map (1932), following its burning in 1923. Extensive outbuildings are still in use and part of the yard is now a residence. McHale writes that this was, in fact, the original house. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage suggests that the family occupied this building while Vermont House was being constructed. In 1786, Wilson refers to a house called "Munnine" as a seat of Mr. French.