Pallas was the largest of the Nugent properties in the parish of Tynagh, which also included Spring Garden, Flower Hill and Crannagh, a property that had been used in the eighteenth century. A mansion was built at Pallas for Anthony Nugent, 4th Lord Riverston, in 1797. Slater, in 1846, refers to the Hon. Anthony Nugent residing at "The Palace". At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was the property of Anthony Nugent and was valued at £46. In 1906 it was owned by the Earl of Westmeath and was valued at £52. It was demolished after World War II. A well-preserved tower house and the remains of a large 17th century residence can also be seen at Pallas.