Hughes writes that a Captain Carter bought Moyne Hill in 1852 from Charles Blake of Merlin Park. By 1906 James McDonnell was occupying the house. Soon afterwards it became the home of Thomas McDonagh of Headford Castle and his descendants still live there. The original house was knocked down circa 1950 and replaced by a modern bungalow. The original entrance gates and farm buildings are extant.