In 1786 Wilson refers to Rahoon as the seat of Mr. French. In the early 19th century it was a Bodkin house, occupied by Roderick O'Connor at the time of the first Ordnance survey. It was held in fee by Thomas C. Dickson at the time of Grifith's Valuation and valued at £27. This house was bought by Kennedy O'Brien in the early 1870s and remained in his family's possession until the 1930s. Buildings are still extant at the site.