A house on the outskirts of Galway, built by Charles Blake in the first decade of the 19th century. Bought by Henry Hodgson in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852. It was held in fee by him at the time of Griffith's Valuation and valued at £65. Merlin Park was purchased by the Waithman family in 1876 and in their ownership until 1945. Thereafter it was compulsorily acquired for the building of a TB sanitorium. The house no longer exists and Merlin Park Hospital now occupies the site.