In 1778 this was a Daly property and in 1786, Wilson also refers to it as the seat of Mr. Daly. In 1824 Mr. O'Connor was listed as a non-resident proprietor in county Galway. The OS Name Books record the proprietor of Benmore as Hugh O'Connor with a Mr. Dowdall acting as his agent in the 1830s. In 1855 Valentine O'Connor Blake was leasing 584 acres and buildings valued at £8 in the townland of Benmore, parish of Grange, barony of Loughrea, to Denis Deely. The original house does not appear to be extant.