In the 1830s Kilquain was described as "Proprietor J. W. H. ambert, Esqr., Aggard. No agent. This townland is farmed by Carbit Lambert, Esqr. Proprietor's brother, and on which is built a superb house and offices under a bulk rent of £200 per year. There is a garden and orchard and an interesting demesne". In 1855 the Lambert house at Kilquain was occupied by Cuthbert Lambert leasing from John Lambert.
It is still extant and occupied.