Tyrone was built in the early 19th century. It is described in the OS Name Books as "a beautiful residence" in the 1830s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was in the possession of Christopher St.George and was valued at £50. In 1894 Slater notes it as the seat of Robert J.K. St.George. The family ceased to live there in the early twentieth century. Its ruins can be seen overlooking the estuary of the Clarin river.