Wilson mentions the seat of Mr. Rathbourne near Craughwell in 1786 though he does not name the house. In 1837 Lewis recorded Ballymore as the seat of R. Rathbourne, who continued to reside there until the 1880s. Griffith's Valuation shows that Richard Rathbourne held it from the Clanricarde estate. This may be the house noted by Slater as part of Lord Clanmorris's estate in 1894. Ballymore is still extant and occupied together with an extensive range of outbuildings.