O'Connell states that Newtown was built around 1795. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the townland of Doorus Park was part of the estate of Patrick Lynch of Renmore. John W. Lynch is recorded as the owner of this mansion house, valued at £13, in 1906. On the Ordnance Survey maps it is labelled Newtown House. It has been in ruins since the 1930s.