The house at Castle Taylor, originally known as Ballymacrath, was built adjacent to a tower house. The Taylor family had been settled there since the 17th century. In 1837 Lewis recorded it as the seat of Gen. Sir. J. Taylor. In 1894 and 1906 it was the residence of Walter Shawe Taylor and was valued at £50. It is now in ruins.